Cavitation & Radio Frequency FAQ'S
Q) Do I need to do anything before I come to my appointment?
- Do not binge eat
- Do not drink alcohol the night before your appointment
ON THE DAY
- Drink 1 litre of water ( Coffee, tea, fizzy drinks, DOES NOT count as water)
- Do not drink caffeine 3-4 hours before your treatment
- Do not have a heavy meal before your treatment
- Do not eat 2 hours before your treatment
- Do not fast prior to your session. Not eating will make your body go into starvation mode and your session result will not be as significant
Q) How does it work?
A) The procedure starts with the ultrasonic device directly to specific areas of the skin after a gel is applied, you will be able to hear a high pitched noised which only you will be able to hear, your therapist will not hear this. This will start creating shock waves that damages the membranes of the adipocytes (fat cells) spilling the liquid fat into the lymphatic system and finally to the liver to be metabolised. It is scientifically proven that after a cavitation session, excess liquid or lymphatic toxins are drained from the body via the urinary system.
We then continue the session by using the Radio Frequency hand piece which is used slowly rotating over the targeted area, transmitting radio waves to the skin heating it to 40 degrees Celsius without burning the skin surface. The heat causes contraction of the collagen fibers to immediately tighten the skin.
Then finalized with the Vacuum device which is great for cellulite and for reducing small deposits of fat. The treatment leaves your skin immediately smoother and firmer.
Q) Is it painful?
A) Most people feel the treatment is painless and comfortable. Some people may feel slight discomfort due to the specific noise spreading inside the body, but causes no, harm and disappears as soon as the applicator is moved away from body. You may also experience warmth during the treatment. If on the slim chance it gets too warm you can request, immediately some extra ultrasound gel to be applied.
Q) What is the difference between this treatment and liposuction?
A) The Ultrasonic Cavitation has the similar result as liposuction. It removes cellulite and excess fat. preventing this from recurring in the treated areas, without damaging the vascular system. The procedure is painless and is very inexpensive compared to the thousands of pounds you could spend on liposuction.
Q) How many treatments will I need?
A) We recommend 6-12 sessions spaced 3 days apart for the first 3 sessions, then once weekly for the remaining. Then we would recommend a monthly maintenance treatment for 4 months followed by a quarterly maintenance treatment.
Q) Is there an age limit?
A) Yes you must be 18 years or older
Q) How soon will I see results?
A) Most people will have a noticeable reduction in their measurements after the very first treatment and will continue to see results up to 72 hours following treatment.
Q) Is there any aftercare advice?
- Drink plenty of water after each treatment
- Do not eat for one hour post the session
- Follow low fat and reduced carbohydrate diet. Avoid animal fat, butter and cheese
- Avoid carbohydrates, such as white bread, rice, pasta and deserts
- Include some protein with every meal
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Exercise after each treatment helps to stimulate lymphatic activity
- Skin brush daily prior to showering or bathing
- Shower or bathe in warm water
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours post treatment